Silver Lining is committed to leading the industry in minimising the impact of its activities on the environment.
The key points of its strategy to achieve this are:
- Minimise waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimise toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promote recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Source and promote a product range to minimise the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Meet or exceed all the environmental legislation that relates to the Company.
- Use an accredited program to offset the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
Ultimate responsibility for the execution of this policy rests with the Managing Director of Silver Lining.
The Finance Director, assisted by the Internal Operations Director, is responsible for the production and maintenance of Silver Lining Environmental Policies, the controls to enforce the polices and the provision of advice and guidance on its implementation and maintenance.
All breaches of any Environmental Legislation or Silver Lining Policy will be reported to the Internal Operations Director, and investigated by appropriate staff. It is the responsibility of all staff to adhere to this policy.
Department Leaders are responsible for implementing the policy within their areas of responsibility and for ensuring the adherence of their staff to the policy.
This Environmental policy will be reviewed every 12 months or sooner as necessary to ensure that it remains current in the light of relevant legislation, organisational procedures or contractual obligations.