Top 10 reasons why Cloud IT is the future
Migrating to the cloud can reduce the complexity of managing your IT infrastructure, and reduce operating costs. Systems management and application maintenance are made easier, and updates are simpler. From social listening and analytics to business process management, the cloud gives you agility.
At Silver Lining we have compiled a “Top 10 reasons why Cloud IT is the future” as to why companies should migrate to a cloud solution:
- Flexibility The Cloud has a whole suite of applications readily available when you need them. Only pay for the infrastructure that you need.
- Disaster recovery When you start relying on cloud-based services, there is no need to invest in complex disaster recovery plans saving you money and time.
- Automatic software updates Cloud computing suppliers do the server maintenance including security updates freeing up your time and resources for other tasks.
- Cap-Ex Free Our Cloud Services offer the usual annual fee, but also the opportunity to pay as you go, so there’s no need for capital expenditure at all if you choose not to.
- Competitively Priced Cloud computing is much faster to deploy therefore businesses have minimal project start-up costs and predictable ongoing operating expenses.
- Increased collaboration Cloud computing increases collaboration by allowing all employees wherever they are to sync up and work on documents and shared apps simultaneously, and follow colleagues and records to receive critical updates in real time.
- Work from anywhere As long as employees have internet access, they can work from anywhere. This flexibility positively affects knowledge workers’ work-life balance and productivity.
- Document Control If a company doesn’t use the cloud, workers have to send files back and forth over email, meaning only one person can work on a file at a time. Cloud computing keeps all the files in one central location, and everyone works off of one central copy. Employees can even chat to each other whilst making changes together. This whole process makes collaboration stronger, which increases efficiency.
- Security Over 1 million laptops are stolen every year. This can have some serious monetary implications, but when everything is stored in the cloud, data can still be accessed no matter what happens to a machine.
- Competitiveness The cloud allows SME’s access to 1st class technology. It also allows smaller businesses to act faster than companies that rely on tape backup methods and complicated procedures to recover data.
For a free consultation to discuss the Cloud IT options available to you please fill in our Free Consultation form. A member of our team will then contact you as soon as possible to schedule an appointment.
We have our own fully secure and diverse Cloud infrastructure in recognition of the growing demand of our customers who wish to have additional flexibility in their core business IT strategy. Our private Cloud allows for a tenanted environment or should you need rack space to host your own private cloud, we have the facilities to provide you with exactly what you need.
Share this on social media:
We support Fusion People with their IT and telecommunications. Watch how they made an annual saving of 40%.
Contact us today for help or advice on your IT & telecoms and receive a FREE Costa!
The player supports TAB to change the controls. Update Required<br/>To play the media you will need to either update your browser to a recent version or update your <a href='http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/' target='_blank'>Flash plugin</a>.