Case Study - Checkatrade
Checkatrade improve customer experience and support business growth with new SpliceCom telephone system and O2 mobile solution.
Checkatrade is the UK’s most trusted brand for finding quality tradespeople. Checkatrade connects the public with businesses who are recommended, background-checked and continuously monitored and therefore it is vital that they have a reliable and resilient telephone system and mobile solution to suit their specific requirements.
Like many other businesses, Checkatrade had separate suppliers for their mobiles, landlines and telephone system. As a result all three suppliers operated independently of one another, preventing the use of basic functionality such as call transfers. The idea of being able to say something as simple as “his line is busy, can I connect you with a colleague?” was, in fact, impossible.
Instead, when taking a call for a field-based consultant, the head office employee receiving the call had to take a message, call the consultant, and cross fingers that the consultant calls the client back.
And this problem was just the tip of the iceberg: In addition, Checkatrade’s landline system itself was a legacy estate with serious limitations (for example, it lacked basic functionality such as touch-tone IVR and had reached user capacity) which were beginning to inhibit customer experience and business growth.
To solve the above, Silver Lining proposed that Checkatrade adopt a SpliceCom telephone system. The system, which was installed by Silver Lining in just one day with zero downtime, combined enabled Checkatrada’s desk phone functionalities to be transferred to all business mobiles, meaning that Checkatrade could:
- Transfer calls with ease regardless if employees we in the office, on the road or working remotely or from home. In the event that an employee was unavailable and the call was urgent, they could then propose that they would transfer the caller through to an alternative contact.
Silver Lining is passionate about what they do and how they make a difference to their customers; this runs deep from their help desk to their service managers.
Dan Davis, IT Manager, Checkatrade
- Introduce hunt groups to manage out of hours calls. Previously emergency calls required that clients ring the main number, listen to a message giving the out of hours number, note the number and then call it, hoping that the on-call consultant picked up. Now out of hours calls automatically route through to the on-call consultant, and if they don’t pick up the call is then automatically rerouted to another consultant up to four in total.
- Utilise the new SpliceCom IP handsets provided by Silver Lining, to enable flexible working from anywhere in the UK.
- Seamlessly move office desk phones across any UK location via IP capability.
- Add new users to the phone system, with additional capacity to accommodate future growth.
Reduce business risk
Checkatrade’s archaic legacy system has been replaced with a robust solution (zero downtime to date), with a 99.999% system uptime target, 24 hour remote monitoring of connectivity and CPE, & 2 minute response SLA for line connectivity.
Improved communications and customer experience
Customers are now directed through to the right person seamlessly whether they are in the office, on the road, abroad or simply working from home. No call is ever missed, ensuring that we provide a first class level of customer service 24/7.
One managed solution
Silver Lining’s long established relationships with the major IT & telecommunication carriers allows them to negotiate hard on wholesale prices, and their expertise in system and product integration allows them to be cost-effective in implementation. Silver Lining simplified the process for Checkatrade to ensure they no longer have to place multiple orders with multiple suppliers. This avoids the ﬁnger pointing culture that often affects IT projects.
Advice and support
Silver Lining provide first class IT and Telecommunications advice. Their highly skilled technical team of engineers are on standby 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ensuring the very best customer service and technical support.