Senior Network Engineer
Annual Salary: £35,000 - £55,000, depending on skills and experience
Job type: Permanent
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Vacancy Location: Fareham
Summary of the Role:
As a member of the Technical Operations Team, a Senior Network Engineer will provide onsite and remote support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. You will work independently and as part of a team to assist with technical issues, address escalations, work closely with the project coordinators on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
You will provide expert technical assistance and support to our technical team and other areas of the business as needed. This role may also include designing, implementing and testing complex networking infrastructure in support of our customer needs.
Finally, this role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, MPLS, routers, firewalls, and security
Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services
- Participate in monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Perform network assessments and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Provide knowledge and advice where required within the business.
- Maintain documentation in line with company processes
- Communication with customers as part of projects and 3rd Line escalations
- Juniper JNCIP, Cisco CCNP or equivalent (experiencing configuring and deploying these vendors devices, particularly firewalls)
- HP/Aruba (experiencing configuring and deploying these vendors devices, particularly Wi-Fi and switches)
- MPLS (deployments and maintenance)
- Strong understanding of server Os i.e.: Centos/FreeBSD/windows
- Packet Analysis (trace analysis for investigating faults)
- Managing Networks (monitoring/security/firmware upgrades)
- Experience in deploying large multi-site networks including LAN & WAN
- Minimum 4 years’ relevant experience of live networking systems and associated support
- Clean driving record in order to visit customer sites
- MSP experience
- Great career progression opportunities
- Personal Development opportunities
- Access to online training platforms
- One day paid volunteering
- Pension scheme
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays (Plus one extra day holiday each year you are in service)
- £20pm Budget for Team Building activities
- Free onsite parking
- Option to have occupational massage each month
- Company Days and Outings
- Fun and friendly environment – Team Quizzes every week!
Please apply with CV and covering letter.
Closing date for applications: Friday 25th October 2019
Apply for Senior Network Engineer
Contact us today for help or advice on your IT & telecoms and receive a FREE Costa!