Senior Network Engineer
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000pa based on experience
Hours of work: 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 08:30am - 17:30pm/ 09:00am - 18:00pm (On a rota basis within the team)
Summary of the Role:
A Senior Network Engineer is responsible for maintaining the design and integrity of Silver Lining’s internal network, including customer-facing hosted and cloud environments. They will provide expert technical assistance and support to our Technical Team and other areas of the business as needed. This role will also include designing, implementing and testing complex infrastructure in support of our customer needs.
As a member of the Technical Operations Team, a Senior Network Engineer will provide onsite and remote support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. You will work independently and as part of a team to assist with technical issues, address level 3 escalations, work closely with the project coordinators on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
Finally, this role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
- Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
- Internal systems, cloud and network infrastructure.
- Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services
- Participate in monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Perform network assessments and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Provide knowledge and advice where required within the business.
- Maintain documentation in line with company processes
- Communication with customers as part of projects and 3rd Line escalations
- Be available for other engineers and coach them to resolution.
Skills preferred but not essential:
- Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN’s)
- Routing (OSPF, RIPv2, BGP)
- WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
- Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Juniper/SonicWALL: CSSA/CSSP
- Familiarity with: VPNs, SIP Trunking, BGP, VLAN, Large Scale Wireless Deployments, MPLS Networks and Infrastructure
- Qualified candidates must have a minimum of 5 years' experience working in a similar role or 3 years of experience working in Managed Services
- A qualified candidate will have a clean driving record and be insurable under Silver Lining's automobile policy.
Apply for Senior Network Engineer
Contact us today for help or advice on your IT & telecoms and receive a FREE Costa!