Salary: £25,000 - £40,000pa depending on skills and experience
Hours of work: 40 hours per week
Summary of the Role:
As a member of the Technical Operations Team, a Network Engineer will provide onsite and remote support to our clients who have critical response time requirements for their business technology systems. You will work independently and as part of a team to assist with technical issues, address escalations, work closely with the project coordinators on team related projects, and troubleshoot over the phone/onsite/via remote access.
You will provide expert technical assistance and support to our technical team and other areas of the business as needed. This role may also include designing, implementing and testing complex infrastructure in support of our customer needs.
Finally, this role will successfully demonstrate the skills required to secure and manage network infrastructures to protect productivity, mitigate threats, and reduce costs.
- Provide technical services and support for the following areas:
Network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
Remote access solution support: VPN, Terminal Services
- Participate in monitoring and management of system alerts and notifications
- Perform network assessments and security audits
- Participate in the administration and maintenance of the remote monitoring and management system: update agent scripts, respond to alerts, monitor dashboard, and periodic system review
- Provide knowledge and advice where required within the business.
- Maintain documentation in line with company processes
- Communication with customers as part of projects and 3rd Line escalations
Skills preferred but not essential:
- Switching (Capacity Planning & VLAN’s)
- Routing (OSPF, RIPv2, BGP)
- WAN Technology (MPLS, VPLS, VPN)
- Voice Technologies (POTS, VoIP, SIP Trunking)
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Familiarity with: VPNs, SIP Trunking, BGP, VLAN, Large Scale Wireless Deployments, MPLS Networks and Infrastructure
- Ideally have MSP experience
- A qualified candidate will have a clean driving record and be insurable under Silver Lining's automobile policy.
- Great career progression opportunities
- Personal Development opportunities
- Access to online training platforms
- Pension scheme
- 20 days holiday + bank holidays (Plus one extra day holiday each year you are in service)
- £20pm Budget for Team Building activities
- Option to have occupational Massage each month
- Company Days and Outings
- Fun and friendly environment – Team Quizzes every week!
Apply for Network Engineer
Contact us today for help or advice on your IT & telecoms and receive a FREE Costa!