First Line Support Engineer
Annual Salary: £13,000 - £16,000, depending on experience
Working hours: 40 hours per week
Vacancy Location: Fareham
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the requirement of a 1st Line Support Engineer to work in our ISO Accredited Business. You will be expected to provide 1st line support to a variety of end users located all the UK and Europe!
The ideal candidate will have excellent customer service skills with the ability/ passion to research and resolve technical issues which enter the Support Desk. Be a high self-motivated and directed individual with a keen attention to detail and creative problem-solving abilities. A fundamental part of this role is to possess a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment along with the ability to prioritise and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Experience is not required but would be beneficial.
- First point of contact for all incidents/requests via email and phone calls
- Escalating issues when appropriate
- Provide efficient and professional customer support at all times
- Perform and maintain daily system checks
- Updating IT records and documentation to the ISO Standard
- Site Visits where appropriate
- Installation/Maintenance/Configuration of a variety of Infrastructure, Networking and Telephony Equipment.
- Participating in a 24/7 on call rota
- Previous experience in an IT Support role would be advantageous
- Basic Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems/Firewalls/Routing and Switching/PBX systems would be preferred but not essential
- An interest in working in a fast past helpdesk
- Ability to schedule own workload prioritising to meet the business’ needs
- Good communication skills and an excellent telephone manner
- 20 Days Holiday per year including bank holidays, plus 1 day each year you are in service
- Pension scheme
Driving licence advantageous
Apply for First Line Support Engineer
Silver Lining Team Statistic
The Silver Lining Team have an unhealthy relationship with Nandos - We just cant get enough of it.
Contact us today for help or advice on your IT & telecoms and receive a FREE Costa!