Summary of Role:
Working in a small accounts team in a rapidly growing telecoms based business and reporting to the Finance Director, this full time role (with the option of part time hours via a job share) offers a wide range of responsibilities.
Covering all group companies the responsibilities of this role include:
- Primary responsibility for all sales invoicing from each group company as well as generating intercompany invoices as appropriate.
- Liaising with internal operations and sales staff (via the internal ticketing & CRM system as well as via direct discussions) to ensure all work undertaken for new and existing customers is billed and all recurring invoicing is setup correctly.
- Using Sage to generate recurring and ad hoc invoices.
- Managing the sales ledger on a day to day basis including credit control tasks.
- Managing the purchase ledger, liaising with suppliers and reconciling balances as required
- Managing of bank and cash balances including day to day processing and reconciliation
- Processing monthly payrolls including commission, handling company car information, and dealing with end of tax year reporting requirements.
- Processing employee expense and mileage claims and company credit card submissions.
- Working with the Management Accountant to review margins and substantiate costs where required
- Other duties as requested by the Finance Director/Management Accountant.
The ideal candidate will be highly personable with excellent organisation and communication skills. They will need to be hard working, have good numerical skills and be able to work to tight deadlines. Ideally the candidate will be confident to work successfully as part of a team and have a flexible attitude to react to demands placed on them as required.
The candidate will be required to be highly IT literate with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and a working knowledge of other MS Office products. Sage 50 Accounts and telecoms industry experience is preferred but not essential.
An AAT qualified individual or ACCA/CIMA trainee would be preferred but this is not essential. However, at least 18 months practical experience in a finance environment is considered essential.
A job share would be considered if the correct conditions can be met for all parties.
Apply for Finance Assistant
Silver Lining Team Statistic
The Silver Lining Team have an unhealthy relationship with Nandos - We just cant get enough of it.
Contact us today for help or advice on your IT & telecoms and receive a FREE Costa!