Working in a small accounts team in a rapidly growing business and reporting direct to the Finance Director, this role offers a wide range of responsibilities and the potential for further development for the right candidate.
- Working for the whole portfolio of companies within the Silver Lining Group.
- Management Accounting responsibilities including journal preparation and posting, balance sheet reconciliations and review, overhead cost analysis and assisting the Finance Director with management accounts preparation for individual companies on a monthly basis
- Managing the sales ledger on a day to day basis including credit control tasks
- Managing the purchase ledger, liaising with suppliers and reconciling balances as required
- Managing of bank and cash balances including day to day processing and reconciliation
- Working with the Billing Administrator including cover for absence and support when workload heavy
- Supporting the work of the external accountants
- Supporting the Finance Director on other statutory, legal and ad hoc tasks as required, including: pensions, company car scheme, pool car records and employee Bupa scheme
- Processing monthly payrolls including commission, employee expense and mileage claims
- Other duties as requested by the Finance Director.
The ideal candidate will have good numerical skills and a thorough understanding of double entry accounting, trial balance and account reconciliations. This role would be ideally suited to an AAT qualified accountant, or part qualified CIMA/ACCA student (training support may be considered as part of a salary sacrifice scheme).
You will be required to have excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel and a good working knowledge of other MS Office products. Sage 50 Accounts experience is preferred but not essential
Candidates should be highly personable, have excellent communications skills and the confidence to work successfully as part of a team. Highly organised and hard-working, flexible, and able to work to tight deadlines are also desirable attributes.
Hours: 40 hours per week Monday to Friday.
Salary: £24k - £26k
N.B - Silver Lining is currently based in Gosport with a proposed move in the next few months to Whiteley/Segensworth
Apply for Assistant Accountant
Silver Lining Team Statistic
The Silver Lining Team have an unhealthy relationship with Nandos - We just cant get enough of it.
Contact us today for help or advice on your IT & telecoms and receive a FREE Costa!