First Line Support Engineer
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented 1st Line IT and Telecoms Support Engineer, in a fast-paced, growing IT and Telecoms Managed Services Company based in Whiteley, Fareham, to become a key member of our busy Helpdesk team. As a 1st Line Support Engineer, you will act as the initial point of contact on the IT and telecoms helpdesk, working to and meeting SLA response and resolution targets for customers' IT and telecoms issues.
As an ideal candidate for this fantastic IT and telecoms support opportunity, you must have excellent communication skills and be able to deal with a varied level of users and their requests over the phone. Clear customer service skills must be demonstrated.
You will support a very wide range of clients, from small companies to large, multisite organisations and you will be supporting a large number of separate networks and environments, with varying setups. You will be required to participate in a 1 week in 4 24/7 on call rota.
The role will be challenging, demanding, and you will be exposed to a huge variety of technologies, from desktops to servers to switches, firewalls, routers, just about everything - the opportunity to learn is endless.
- 1st line / Desktop Service Desk support in a Windows environment.
- Strong customer service skills - a positive attitude and clear communication
- At least 1 years’ experience working in a Service Desk role
- Basic knowledge of networks / TCP/IP or router configuration
- Experience of maintaining Windows Server 2008/2012 and MS Exchange
- Basic knowledge of ITIL and ticketing systems.
- Have experience of installing/supporting IP based systems
- Previous experience with SIP trunking, VoIP, broadband and IP networking
- Peripheral telecoms equipment knowledge
As a Technical support engineer you will have the ability to demonstrate recent practical experience and a solid understanding of troubleshooting, supporting and administering:
- Windows Server
- Active Directory
- Group Policy
- Citrix XenApp
- Terminal Services
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2003-2012
We would also expect experience with:
- Windows XP/7/8
- Microsoft Office
- Experience with VMware would be highly beneficial
- Experience of using remote management and monitoring software, and technical troubleshooting & support of Symantec Backup Exec, Veeam, would also be very handy, as would certifications in ITIL, Microsoft, VMware, Citrix etc.
As a passionate IT and Telecoms Support Engineer you will have the ability to work under pressure, multitask and organise priorities, and have the ability to take ownership of issues and work to tight timescales.
Driving licence advantageous
Salary: £13,000.00 to £14,000.00 per annum depending on experience
Working Week: 09:00 - 18:00 or 08:30 17:30
Vacancy Location: Silver Lining | The Granary | Whiteley Lane | Segensworth | Hampshire | PO15 6RQ
Apply for First Line Support Engineer
Silver Lining Team Statistic
The Silver Lining Team have an unhealthy relationship with Nandos - We just cant get enough of it.
Contact us today for help or advice on your IT & telecoms and receive a FREE Costa!